A female councillor in the Obingwa Local Government Legislative council of Abia State, has been reported dead as a result of multiple injuries sustained from a kerosene explosion at her home.
The councillor, identified as Mrs Obioma Ali, who represented Isiala Itu, Ward 12, was said to have been refilling her lantern with kerosene when the substance, believed to have been adulterated, exploded and burnt her severely.
According to Vanguard, the incident badly affected her hands, face and body parts, and doctors battled to save her life.
The deceased, who was the deputy chief whip and chairman, committee of Women Affairs, died at the Abia State University Teaching Hospital, ABSUTH, Abia State, where she had been receiving medical attention.
Chief Hanson Amaechi, the Chairman of the Obingwa local government, during a condolence visit to the deceased’s family, said her death has created a vacuum in the struggle for female political representation in the area, disclosing that she died at a time when her experience was highly needed.
The post Kerosene Explosion Kills Female Abia Lawmaker In Her Home appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.