Dr Ahmad Galadima hails from Zamfara state in northern Nigeria, the young Galadima received his First Class Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Bayero University Kano, Nigeria in 2005. After about 2 years of chemistry teaching and research at Zamfara College of Arts and Sciences Gusau, College of Agriculture Bakura and Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto all in Nigeria, he decided to undertake an MSc in Hydrocarbon Enterprise at Aberdeen University between 2007 and 2008, where he got a Distinction and received the Bank of Scotland Prize for writing the best MSc dissertation for the year.
Academic Awards and Funding
- Honour for academic excellence and community service by Rebuild Zamfara Initiative, January, 2017.
- Honour for humanitarian service by Nigerian Youth Assembly, February. 2017.
- Honour for academic excellence by the Old Boys Association (i.e. GUSSOBA) of Government Science Secondary School Gusau, 1974 to 2015 Chapters, on the 27th December 2015.
- Merit Award for Academic Excellence by Kotorkoshi Emirate Council, Zamfara state, Nigeria. 23rd August, 2014.
- Best International Doctor from Zamfara State, Nigeria. Awarded on 22nd June, 2014 by the Zamfara State Students Association, ZAMSSA, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Center of Research Excellence in Nano Technology, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 2013.
- ETF, Nigeria research grant (with Professor L.G. Hassan and A.M Sokoto) for investigation on “Biodiesel potentials of some non-edible oils from northern Nigeria”, 2011.
- PTDF Nigeria merit PhD Scholarship award, 2009..
- Bank of Scotland Best Dissertation Prize, 2008
- PTDF Nigeria merit MSc Scholarship award, 2007.
- Michael Collin’s prize for best graduating student in chemistry, 2005.
- Zamfara State Government, Nigeria award to best secondary school student @ 1998 inter-school quiz competition.
Membership and Editorial
- Member of various international organisations such as AAPG, EI, SPE, ICCON
and local organisations like STAN, CSN and Nigerian Young Academy (NYA).
- Member, Editorial Team, International Journal of Chemistry, Canada
- Reviewer Scientific Research and Essays (SRE): An international Journal published by Academic Journal publishers.
- Reviewer Nigerian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (NJBAS); Published by Faculty of Science, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria.
- Member, Editorial Team, Journal of Cereals and Oilseeds; An international Journal published by Academic Journal publishers