Home / ENTERTAINMENT / “There Was No Attack” – Police React To News Of Soldiers ‘Storming Nnamdi Kanu’s House

“There Was No Attack” – Police React To News Of Soldiers ‘Storming Nnamdi Kanu’s House

The Nigerian police have reacted to the incident that occurred at the home of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, in Abia on Sunday, which has left some of the members injured..

According to the Nigerian police, the military personnel were only carrying out a procession to test a new armoured carrier.

According to Premium Times, Abia police commissioner, Leye Oyebade, said;

“There was no attack on the home of Nnamdi Kanu,”

“What happened was that the military was parading a new armoured carrier and passed through Nnamdi Kanu’s residence.

“It was while they were passing that some people threw stones and other things at them,”

The police chief said normalcy has been restored and no life was lost.

But Mr Kanu’s lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, had painted a different account of what transpired at the home of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, saying there was a siege.

In a statement, Mr Ejiofor accused the Buhari administration of attempting to take his client’s life.

The statement said;

“Just to alert the world that the Nigeria military personnel under the command of Chief of Army Staff is presently laying a siege on my client (Nnamdi Kanu) country home in Umuahia.

“They had continued to shot sporadically into the air through which assault, about five of his family members were brutally wounded and some unfortunately killed.

There is no doubt that the present deployment of troops to the South East is to haunt for my client and possibly eliminate him,”

Mr Ejiofor added that if something goes wrong with his client’s life, the international would hold the country’s president responsible.

“Let the whole world know that if anything untoward happens to my client, that President Buhari and his Chief of Army Staff should be held responsible by the international Community.

“We are presently counting the number of casualties as the onslaught progress. The world should be immediately notified about the tension in Biafra land, created by the government in power.

We must adopt all know the legal mechanism to resist the unconstitutional but violent approach in dealing with unarmed people merely operating within the confines of the law. Buhari must be held responsible.

“We are ready to present our case once more before the International Court of Justice. The families that lost their beloved ones in the last year May 29 violent attack by the military are yet to recover from the shock of losing their love ones. This situation must be arrested in time.”

The post “There Was No Attack” – Police React To News Of Soldiers ‘Storming Nnamdi Kanu’s House appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.

Source: NL

About Prince Idowu Oyewumi

FULL NAME : PRINCE MUHAMMED S. OYEWUMI BIO.: Graphics Designer, I.T Expert & Photograaphy Expert Edu Qual. Bsc, Diploma, Nim Follow us Twitter: @mdee_coded Facebook: @https://www.facebook.com/pxclusive/ Instagram: @mdee_Cool Tel.: +2348085570405

Check Also

Paternity Dispute: Two Men Battle Ownership Of 5-Month Baby In Warri (Photo)

Two men, Ajayi Tosin and Kesiena Tito are presently in contention over ownership of a …

EPL : Everton Vs Sunderland, Today By 7:45PM (Drop Your Predictions)

Everton boss Ronald Koeman will make changes for the Carabao Cup third-round visit of Sunderland …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *